Friday, 29 August 2014

Strawberry & Blueberry Crumble


If you have a look at my last few posts you'll probably notice one thing- my massive sweet tooth. Nothing is more appealing to me than all that sweet, sinful goodness and wow, if you only saw my Dessert board on Pinterest! Well I have to do something to contain the sugar fiend within me so I usually turn to fruit (or dark chocolate!)

I figure, if I'm going to eat sugar it had better be beneficial to me in some way! In comes the simple fruit crumble. So simple to assemble, so versatile in flavours! Some people like to load their crumbles up with more sugar but really, they don't need it. 

Blueberries and strawberries are just like a beautiful match made in heaven- they're like one of those really hot couples that make you jealous of how good they look together, I mean come on!






You could just dig right into that bowl and be content. Alas, I was feeling a dessert-for-breakfast kind of thing so I topped mine with oats, seeds, nuts and honey for a little bit of texture. There's something about baking blueberries that makes them become this ultra delicious, top-staining goodness!

And if blueberries aren't your thing you can check out this apple variety of crumble, which is just as tasty! Which do you prefer? 



Strawberry & Blueberry Crumble

Serves 6

Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes

Ingredients:

-1 cup of blueberries (I used frozen)
-1 cup of chopped strawberries
-1 cup rolled oats
-1 tblsp honey
-1 tblsp oil
Optional: nuts, seeds and chia seeds to mix in

Method:

1. Preheat oven to 175C.
2. Combine blueberries and strawberries in an ovenproof dish.
3. Mix oats with nuts & seeds.
4. Add honey and oil, stirring to combine. 
5. Top the berries with the oats mixture. 
6. Bake for 30 minutes until oats have gotten slightly golden. 

So there you have it, let me know what you think and whether I should try any other flavours!

*Note: I also love to have mine with milk as a breakfast alternative!



-Grace





4 comments:

  1. Wow, I love strawberries and blueberries. Great recipe and I agree crumbles don't need much added suger. #SITSblogging

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Especially when the strawberries and blueberries taste so great! :)

      Delete
  2. What a gorgeous looking crumble!! Found you at the #SITSBlogging link up! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails