Monday, 14 July 2014

Raspberry, Strawberry and Kiwi Fruit Smoothie Bowl (my newfound obsession)



So if you've been following me on Pinterest you might have noticed my newfound obsession- Smoothie Bowls.




I don't know what it is about them- maybe their bright colours, careful layouts and delicious toppings- but I'm hooked. When I went grocery shopping this week I bought so much fruit and frozen berries just so I could try one. Oh my gosh am I glad I did....
It's like having dessert for breakfast! In fact, I made so much that I put some aside for dessert tonight! The beauty of smoothie bowls is that there is no limit to the imagination. For my smoothie bowl and subsequent dessert for today I made it like so:
Raspberry, Strawberry & Kiwi Fruit Smoothie Bowl


Serves 2

Ingredients:

-1 cup frozen raspberries
-1 cup frozen strawberries
-1/4 cup plain Greek yoghurt
-1/2 a banana
-1/3 cup sugar free cranberry juice (can substitute with water or another juice)
-1/3 cup water

Optional toppings:

-1 golden kiwi fruit cut into pentagons
-3 strawberries, sliced
-2 tblsp crushed walnuts
-2 tsp chia seeds
-1 tsp goji berries
(but really, anything goes!)

Method:


  1. Blitz the raspberries, strawberries, yoghurt and banana in the blender.
  2. Add the cranberry juice 1/2 at a time between blitzes. 
  3. Add the water if the consistency is still chunky. Remember not to add too much water, just enough to make it smooth. It will melt a little in your bowl anyway!
  4. Pour into bowl and top with your chosen toppings.
  5. Serve immediately! 

You can keep the remainder in the fridge and just blitz with a bit of ice to get the consistency right again. 

I can't wait to see what else I can make! Please send me pictures of yours or tag me in your Instagram pics! (@healthyindesign) I want to be inspired!



-Grace



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails