Monday, 7 July 2014

Flatbread Pizza with Baked Fries and Guac


Hello there! Remember me? I'm Grace, I write this blog, well I mean, I did... I may have dropped off the radar a while ago- my bad! Uni just likes to take over every aspect of my life, including my blog, but I only have one more semester. Oh my gosh... one more... That's hoping everything goes according to plan anyway!

So now I'm back with a vengeance whole lot of new recipes and things to share with you! I will be sharing my adventures at Fashion Design school with you in an upcoming blog post, as well as a rather delicious bourbon cake recipe. For now, I give you- FLATBREAD PIZZA.

This pizza has it all- grilled chicken, veggies, bacon, cheese and even chips with guac! But it doesn't have a dense pizza base which, let's be honest, who really enjoys anyway? (N.B: Apparently Byron does) My pizza had an aioli base but you can swap this for a tomato base- unfortunately I always get indigestion from tomato-based pizzas. Weird. Anyway, on with the recipe!



Flatbread Pizza

Serves 2

Ingredients

- 2 wraps/flatbread/tortilla (I used our leftover corn tortillas from the other night)
- 2 tbls aioli
- 1 large potato
- 2 large leaves of Tuscan kale (or substitute a veggie you like)
- 1 cooked chicken breast
- 2 rashers of cooked bacon
- 1/4 of a red onion
- 2 tsp smoked paprika (can substitute)
- 1 tsp garlic powder (can substitute)
- olive oil
- 1/4 cup pizza cheese
-salt
-dash of vinegar
-1/2 avocado

Firstly, preheat your oven to 200C. Cut your potato into "fries", leaving the skin on.
Place potatoes in a large bowl- fill with lukewarm water and a dash of vinegar. Leave to soak for ten minutes then give them a good rinse or two and strain. Pat dry with paper towels. 

Place onto a lined baking tray and either spray or drizzle with oil. Sprinkle half your spices over the top (I used smoked paprika, Himalayan Salt and garlic powder). I then like to give it another "setting" spray but this is optional. Put into oven for 15 minutes. (For more detailed instructions check here)

While the chips are in the oven, start compiling your pizzas. Put the flatbread or tortillas on a lined baking tray. Top with your sauce (I used aioli), then chicken, bacon, kale or veggies and onion. 

Don't forget the cheese!


Take fries out of the oven and flip over. Give them another spritz of oil and another dousing of spices and put back into the oven. Depending on how cooked the fries are, you can now add your pizzas too. 

If you're having guac, smoosh up the avocado now. 
The pizzas are finished when the cheese has melted. 


Top your pizza with the fries and guacamole and they're ready to be devoured.


*Note* You can pre-cook and prep the ingredients for a quick and easy lunch the next day. Just add your toppings and pop in the oven!



Method
  1. Firstly, preheat your oven to 200C. Cut your potato into "fries", leaving the skin on. 
  2. Place potatoes in a large bowl- fill with lukewarm water and a dash of vinegar. Leave to soak for ten minutes then give them a good rinse or two and strain. Pat dry with paper towels. 
  3. Place onto a lined baking tray and either spray or drizzle with oil. Sprinkle half your spices over the top (I used smoked paprika, Himalayan Salt and garlic powder). I then like to give it another "setting" spray but this is optional. Put into oven for 15 minutes. 
  4. While the chips are in the oven, start compiling your pizzas. Put the flatbread or tortillas on a lined baking tray. Top with your sauce (I used aioli), then chicken, bacon, kale or veggies and onion. 
  5. Add cheese
  6. Take fries out of the oven and flip over. Give them another spritz of oil and another dousing of spices and put back into the oven. Depending on how cooked the fries are, you can now add your pizzas too. 
  7. If you're having guac, smoosh up the avocado now. 
    The pizzas are finished when the cheese has melted. 
  8. Top your pizza with the fries and guacamole and they're ready to be devoured.


-Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails