Monday, 5 May 2014

Chicken Burrito Pizza with Guacamole Sauce



That's right. You could call this recipe "Mexican" pizza I suppose, but I decided on burrito pizza because everything in here, I put in my burrito. It just so happened I had a spare pizza base lying around and decided to chuck everything on that instead.

At some point, I may or may not have contemplated throwing brown rice on the top, as this is what I usually put in my burrito, but I decided against it because I thought you might think I've gone crazy. And I couldn't be bothered cooking the rice. C'est la vie.

Please excuse my horrible pictures, Melbourne has been getting dark so early lately. Winter is coming.










Ingredients
- 1 pizza base
-2 avocados
-Half a brown onion, diced
-Half a red onion, sliced
-500g chicken breast
-1/4 cup corn kernels (can use frozen)
-0% fat Greek yoghurt (can substitute with sour cream)
-1 tsp ground cumin
-1/2 tsp Mexican chilli
-1 tsp smoked paprika
-1/2 cup cheese for topping

Method
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius
-Make guacamole by mashing the avocados and mixing with the brown onion. Can add a little bit of Greek yoghurt to thin it out if you don't have enough avo, like I didn't. 
-Spread guacamole on pizza base.
-Slice chicken breast and toss in bag with spices. Add more as you go to get an even coating, being careful with the chilli. 
-Heat a little oil in a frypan and cook chicken on medium-high until cooked through. 
-Meanwhile cook corn in a frypan. Don't worry if it gets a little charred, it makes it tastier!
-Add chicken to pizza
-Top with red onion, corn and cheese.
-Put in oven for about 20 minutes.

I topped mine with a swirl of Greek yoghurt. Enjoy!

-Grace


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails