Tuesday, 1 April 2014

Design: What I've Been Up To In My Final Year Studying Fashion Design

I've been a bit lacking lately, and for that I'm sorry. It's my final year of uni, studying Bachelor of Fashion Design and well, things get pretty hectic.

I've also been involved with some awesome projects recently!

This semester's design brief is Bio-Dynamic. As soon as I heard that, a quote came instantly to mind;

"We are made of star-stuff."

Carl Sagan said this and it's always made me think. So I started compiling inspiration and ended up calling my collection "Micro/Macro: Organised Chaos", comparing natural patterns to orbital patterns.
Here's my moodboard:








I've also been doing a bit of trend research.
It's exciting because we get to do menswear for the first time and I'm actually more looking forward to that than the womenswear.





And we also get to work on a thesis, but I'm surprisingly excited about it. I'm doing mine on Costume Design as that's what I want to get into. Along with a written portion, we have a visual side to the thesis. I'm organising a photoshoot and I've done a couple more moodboards. 



Speaking of costume design, here's the poster for the short film I worked in the costume department for. It was because of this short film that I saw my name on the big screen for the very first time. Check out Lost Art Films for more. 


So that's my life lately. Fun but hectic! Can't even believe it's my birthday tomorrow, it really doesn't feel like it. I'm really looking forward to my study break in a couple of weeks, that's all I can say!

-Grace


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails