Sunday, 16 March 2014

Healthy Beginnings Meal Plan March 16-22
























I've titled this week's meal plan as 'Healthy Beginnings' as a number of things have occurred recently in my life prohibiting my usual healthy lifestyle.
My attitude. Uni. Falling behind. And unfortunately, the death of a loved one. My aunty passed away on Friday morning after a long battle with lung cancer. I managed to send her a video message telling her how much I loved her before she passed and I'm really glad she got to see it. I would hate for someone to pass away not knowing how much they meant to me. That's why it is so important to repeatedly tell those close to you how much you love them. The world is unpredictable.

So I'm starting this week afresh. My aunty's funeral is this Wednesday and even though I can't physically be there, I will be holding my own day of remembrance and reflection in honour of her.

Along with this, I'm kicking away my bad habits that have been building up since uni started this year. On with my meal plan.


























This week is very boring and repetitively simple but sometimes I need that as a kind of detox of all the bad food I've been eating lately (not to mention the lack of exercise!).
Tonight's dinner was grilled chicken with salad. I changed it to grilled chicken with roast veges as I had some to use up anyway.

Monday- lunch is inspired by Linda Wagner's Roasted Vegetable Salad. Dinner is prawns with roasted veges.
Tuesday- dinner is grilled chicken with brown rice (and veges, of course!)
Wednesday- stuffed sweet potatoes, I will probably stuff them with brown rice and veges.
Thursday- Lunch is fruit salad inspired by Oh! You cook!'s Fruit Salad with Honey Lime Dressing. Dinner is grilled chicken with sauteed vegetables. It will probably end up as make-your-own Noodle Box night.
Friday- Again with the fruit salads! Lunch is inspired by A Bachelor and His Grill's  Avocado Fruit Salad but will probably be a little less fantastic. Dinner is our fave, sweet potato wedges.
Saturday- Dinner is rice paper rolls with salad. I'll either fill the rolls with more veges or prawn and avocado or maybe some more chicken! We'll see how I feel.

I can only hope that this week is better than the last.

~For my Aunty Carolynne~

-Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails