Monday, 10 February 2014

Meal Plan 9/2/14 -15/2/14


'm a day late with this meal plan but I'm pretty sure I have a good excuse- my mother surprised me with flights to the Gold Coast so I could be with my Dad on his birthday last Sunday! That is also why you'll notice my meal plan says "Byron's choice" under the first three days- I won't be there to cook for him so I bought him a few ingredients (read: meat) and he can make his own meals from that. He said I was fussing over him too much but I knew if I didn't, he'd eat badly or not at all!

So here it is for the week:


Sunday-Tuesday is Byron's choice. I'll be interested to hear what he makes!
I get home early on Wednesday morning so I should be home for lunch time- enough time to put some chuck steak in the slow cooker for tacos that night. 

Thursday is a nice easy night as I will most likely be tired from getting stuff organised post-trip and we have some low-sodium Heinz spaghetti that's been sitting in the pantry. You may notice I had this on my meal plan last week, along with the fettucine- well that was before Mum surprised me with flights! 

Friday is a bit special because it's Valentine's Day! I've got a nice little lunchbox ready for Byron with a cute chocolate heart to put inside. I'm actually not too sure about Friday's dinner- I think I might make something a bit more special than roast vege filo but I'm just not sure yet. If I do, I'll just replace it and move roast vege filo to next week! 

Saturday is cauliflower Alfredo sauce with wholemeal fettucine. I may add some bacon or chicken to keep the boys happy but it's still a healthy meal that feels decadent, my favourite! 

Hopefully next week will be a bit more exciting!

-Grace

20 comments:

  1. Great job on planning ahead! I am much more likely to buy ingredients and then decide on the spot what to make. :) How nice that you were able to be with your dad on his Birthday!! Such a blessing! Stopping by from SITS! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so very lucky to have spent Dad's birthday with him- we had a great time!
      Planning ahead does make things so much easier, I have to admit

      Delete
  2. I always love the idea of menu planning, but never seem to be consistent with it. Though, the weeks that I've managed to plan out our meals, I do realize how much healthier we eat, and how much easier the nights go. Yay for going to see your dad!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It does take some getting used to but I find it so much easier when I have uni on- otherwise I'd forget to eat or eat badly! It doesn't take too much time to plan at least 5 meals and if you don't use one then you've got one all ready for next week!

      Delete
  3. I love menu planning. It makes the week so much easier and we have so much more time for playing and hanging out in the evening.

    I love adding bacon to cream sauce pasta. Delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so good for a busy lifestyle. I like having time to relax of an evening rather than stressing what to cook!
      Truth be told bacon is always welcome in my household!

      Delete
  4. I love planning ahead and prepping as much as possible in advance. It makes life so much easier!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does, doesn't it? I don't know where I'd be without it!

      Delete
  5. I've never done this but it always sounds like a smart idea! #SITSblogging

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely give it a go, Holly, it makes life so much easier!

      Delete
  6. I go through phases of meal planning...some weeks I've got it all together and other weeks I'm like um...how about scrambled eggs? :P Hope you're enjoying your trip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha oh I definitely always keep something stashed in the cupboards for those nights. And I'm pretty constantly rearranging my meals for the week for what I feel like that night, but that's what's so good about it!

      Delete
  7. Nice plan ! I love planning ahead as well. So nice to be with your dad on his birthday. Enjoy your trip. :)
    Stopping from SITS Girls

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic plan!!! Stopping by from the SITS Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love how you plan ahead and have it in a calendar like this. I should start doing this. We do plan our meals in advance. Between myself and the fiance, we choose the meals for the week and shop on Sunday. Stopping in from SITS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It helps so much, doesn't it? I usually shop on Sundays too and make sure I look up the specials first.

      Delete
  10. the roast vegetable file sounds delicious. happy valentine's day!

    best,
    diane
    red or green?

    Dropping by from SITS girls today.
    #SITSBlogging

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is to die for! Just roasted veges wrapped in filo pastry- delish!

      Delete

Related Posts with Thumbnails