Friday, 10 January 2014

Goals for 2014



With the new year comes the inevitable "what am I going to do differently this year" contemplation. I've had a good week to think about it, I don't usually rush to make a new year's resolution. 

So here's my personal goals for the new year. To achieve them, I'm going to break them up into smaller tasks that are easier to achieve. 


01. Finish my final year of uni
This one is scary. Final year of my Fashion Design degree. We have to do a collection and menswear and millinery! That excites me and terrifies me at the same time. Now to break it up into "bite-size" goals. 

-Don't be afraid to ask for help.
     Sometimes I struggle with this. I know this because my tutors point it out to me time and time again.                  Sometimes I just get overwhelmed in class because of the pushiness of other people but I do have a card up      my sleeve. One of my friends from uni who is particularly good at a subject that I am particularly hopeless at      is taking time off and as such, has offered to help me. I will definitely be taking her up on it this year!
-Take time to de-stress at the end of a day.
     I usually do this by reading, running, taking a bath or just sitting and breathing. But this year I will need to do      it way more often. 
-Get on top of everything from the start.
     I know every student says this at the start of the year and it's super hard to go from holiday mode back to uni      mode but I have to this year. Recognise what I find difficult and get the easy stuff out of the way so I can          focus on those other things. 

02. Be financially secure
I don't mean be rich but by the end of the year I would really like to be saving and not scrambling for cash every bill that turns up. To do this I will:
-organise my finances using a guide so I can recognise what bills come when and realise how every cent counts
-go out less, get less takeaway coffees
-try to make a bit of pocket money from the markets

03. Be organised
I seriously double-booked myself so many times last year! Before I go back to uni I want everything nice and organised. To do this I will:
-remember to schedule important events
-once I know my timetable I'll schedule everything around it including cleaning, homework etc

04. Blog more
Of course I want to blog more! I enjoy it! I'm going to try and get some posts knocked over in my time off because there is still so much I want to share with you. I'll never run out of recipes!

05. Read more
I consider myself a reader so I was very shocked when I looked at my Goodreads account and realised I had only read ten books this year. It honestly felt like so much more. That's less than one a month! This year I've got a few books lined up already and I'm halfway through 'Mansfield Park' now. I've also started downloading audiobooks to listen to on my runs. So far I'm a quarter of the way through 'The Fault In Our Stars' by John Green and I'm really enjoying it. This year there will be more!

And as always, I will try to be the best person I can be by living a healthy life and always helping others when I can.  

Do you have any goals for the new year? 

-Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails